"Rosemary has a great wealth of experience and knowledge to draw on and it really showed in the way she helped me with some particular challenges I am trying to deal with. She has a great way of helping you to stand back and begin to work out some of the answers for yourself, always a sign of a good coach. It was invaluable time well spend and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone."
Anyone who wants to improve their relationships with their teams
Good, constructive feedback enables us to learn as we work and to learn from mistakes. Feedback can be positive – as praise and recognition – or negative, both are important. Clear and specific positive feedback is one of the easiest and cheapest motivating forces in existence.
The key aim of this one hour Giving & Receiving Feedback training session is to understand the benefits of giving and receiving feedback in the right way.
1. Recognise the importance of feedback - Feedback is a gift
2. Know how to give positive feedback - Specific examples of fact
3. Know how to give constructive feedback - Sensitively with example using ‘I’
4. Recognise what to do with feedback - Give it, Receive it, Ask for it, Use it!
5. Know various models available to help in the feedback process:
- DESC Model – Describe, Explain, Specify & Consequences
- STAR Model – Situation or Task, Action & Result
- GROW Model – Goal, Reality, Options & Will
At this end of this 1 hour, ‘Giving & Receiving Feedback’ training course your participants will be able to:
- State the importance of giving and receiving feedback
- Identify how to give positive feedback
- Explain how to give constructive feedback
- Recognise various models you can use when giving or receiving feedback